Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rainbow Trip Around The World quilt...

I've been so busy at work this past week that I have barely had any time to sew.  But I did manage to piece together this TATW that I cut out last October.  I'm planning on quilting it myself so maybe I'll get it basted this week and quilted next weekend.  Maybe....

I'm sort of addicted to longarmers.  When I had my own longarm, I didn't mind quilting.  But I don't really enjoy it yet with my Juki.  I think I just need more practice....or rather, I need more time to practice.  I haven't even had much Jamie and Claire time lately (Drums of Autumn book).  Work stinks!!!  But here is a picture of the top....


I'm considering trying to make something for the Modern Quilt Guild challenge.  The challenge is to make a monochomatic quilt.  And no, that doesn't mean yellow with a splash of white.  Darn.  You have to stick within your color range for your whole quilt.  I'm going to shop my stash and see what I might have.  But I'm not really into buying monochromatic fabric so I don't know what to do.  I don't really want to go buy more fabric....but I want to enter the challenge.  Hmmm.....Maybe I deviate off the challenge and do one of my own.  ;-D  I'd like to do a single color quilt, but I need the license to add white (or another neutral) in with it to satisfy my own personal tastes.  Why make a quilt that I don't think I'll like?  Well, duh, that is why they call it a challenge, huh?  LOL....

3 comments:

  1. Do a dark and a light in the same color. The light will end up almost like a white or a neutral compared to the dark....

    And you are to Drums of Autumn??? When did you finish Voyager?? I finished last Thursday, but since my BFF Regina has barely started Voyager, I told her I would listen to a couple of other books to give her a chance to catch up. Now don't talk about Drums! But if you want to discuss Voyager, let me know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot... Your Trip around the world looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember this beauty! Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!