Friday, April 6, 2012

Vintage Sheet Swoon Quilt....

I made one of the Swoon blocks at our retreat in February--and then made 3 more to make a 48"x48" square wall hanging for my classroom/sewing room.  They are 100% made from recycled vintage sheets.  Here are the finished pics...  I did add a half triangle thing in the corners of each block--it makes a little diamond when they join together.


An up close of one block--this is the actual color of the quilt.


Vintage sheet backing....


Ryan enjoying Spring Break with Buddy in the Mancave....and his new braces!

Buddy, our best dog friend ever!!

I think I'll go sew on something!!  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. How pretty and soft looking! I love the wavy line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freshly springy looking. I really like it. Aren't our doggies just the best!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt came out great. The yuck factor is getting less and less! Ryan and Buddy sure look comfy with his man quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's beautiful, I've just finished my first quilt top using vintage sheets and think I might be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already commented back when you first posted this, but I bought some sheets at an auction today and had to come revisit your quilt - I just love it and hope to do something just as lovely with my sheets once I get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!