Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wow...busy month!

It has been quite a while since my last, but I've been super busy!  Lots of last minute work at school and a bit of sewing...I did a sew-in at Quiltique and made a baby quilt top in the Scrappy Trip Along style.  I like the colors, but this type of quilt just isn't my thing....too random.  It will get quilted in June....that should improve it!!  ;-)


And I'm writing a pattern for the mini log cabin quilt that uses a jelly roll (this is Ticklish) to get the scrappy look.  Here is the top, also unquilted...I call in Extra Credit because there are about 900 pieces in a 48" x 48" play quilt!  Seems like extra credit to me.... ;-)


 Then I debated between picking up crochet again...or doing some hand piecing.  I've always wanted to learn to do hexagons so now I'm all over this bad boy....I bought some 1" hexagon templates because you can cut the unfinished hexagon from a 2.5" strip and you know I'm all about the precuts.  My plan is to make a modern baby quilt with some paper pieced hexie flowers.  The quilting will make the quilt awesome (hopefully!).  Show and tell on this project will come in June as well...


I've been meaning to post about some cutie quilting-related gifts from Sharon at Sew Extreme....a post it stack with the Beach Glass quilt on the side and a little handmade zipper bag for lipsticks and such!  In Kaffe no less....Thanks, Sharon!  Sorry it took so long to post on these cuties....


And finally, Buddy likes the outdoor carpet we installed in the backyard last weekend.  I forgot about that project....check it out!  It might have a life of 2 years out there...but you can't beat the price for a mini makeover!


And there is Buddy, soaking up some Las Vegas sun in style.  Lest you think that I solved the "dirt dog" problem, I later saw him laying in the dirt, with his head on a pillow of rock rubble, one foot from the new carpet!  Nice job, dude....


Anyhow, more posts to come in the future.  I only have about 8 days left at school and then my real life can begin!!  Happy quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I like the random of the scrappy trip. Maybe you will like it better quilted. I LOVE the hexagons. That will make a darling baby quilt. Outdoor carpet on your patio! You are full of all kinds of tricks. School will be out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You new pattern is a scrap buster. Do you think there are enough pieces in it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of us live for random! In my case, it's because order is too hard!

    Love the hexies! I am thinking about trying some with the mini charms I got at quiltcon.

    Buddy looks like he is ready for summer vacay!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!