Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Missing Quilt--Dahlia by Quiltsmart

I made this Dahlia quilt from repro 1930's prints in 2010.  I had it custom quilted, and it hung briefly in my prior house.  Since we moved to the new house in 2011, we haven't been able to find it.

I move my own stuff (no moving company) and a friend rented the house for 3 years after I left it and I'm sure she would have returned the quilt had she found it.  We've searched top to bottom at the new house and can't find it.  I posted a listing on lostquilts.com today....maybe someone has seen it?

I don't recall entering it in a quilt show, or loaning it out to a shop...I've no idea what happened to it.  But if you have ever made one of these things, you know that I did hours of finger pressing to get this whole thing together.  I'll never make another one, so I'd really like to find it.

Help!!

Here are a few pics...



Anyhow, if anyone knows what I did with this beauty, I'd appreciate a hint...LOL.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. If I find it I just might keep it for a few days or so before letting you know. It's gorgeous! Hope you find it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sad....it is really a beautiful quilt. I lost a large Rubbermaid bin of quilt fabric....never did find it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I can not believe it is missing. I hope it shows up.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!