Friday, July 15, 2016

New Pattern...and a blog change....

Hello there!  I've been working on this pattern for months now.  Due to distractions, and quilter's ADD, I haven't been able to write it....I have two samples made and quilted, but the pattern was just dragging.  Here is a little preview pic...


This one was made using the Ellis and Higgs "Bloom and Bliss" fabric line.  It is just adorable.

But now I am remaking it yet again in Soul Blossoms by Amy Butler.  We'll see what kind of look I get with a different fabric...There is more to come in this story....

Next order of business:  Switching blogs...

I've been thinking about this change for years, and now is the time to do it.  You see, I've been ZanyQuilter since 2004--prior to my nasty split from my unworthy ex.  Unfortunately, every time I see the name I want to vomit.  I don't want to be associated with it at all, honestly, and it has been gnawing at me for 12 years.

My quilting/pattern writing business is done through Log Cabin Quiltery--a much more appealing name to me.  I've already got the blog going and will split from this one August 1, 2016.  All of the material for this blog will remain, but new content will start to show up in LogCabinQuiltery.blogspot.com  I hope that if you like what I post, you will follow me there... Since I only have one more year left in teaching, I will have a lot more time in retirement to "work" on quilting related endeavors.  When I do the official switch, I will post a link to the new blog and possibly set up a giveaway (or something fun) to encourage you to make the change.

That's it for today.  Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. liking this latest design, I can understand you switching to your other blog, first thing I did when splitting with ex was to change my name back to my maiden name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times we just need a fresh start. Hope that transition goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to take the 'period' off the end of the link to your new blog. Blogger wouldn't let me use that link to add it to my dashboard. It worked great when I took the 'period' off the end.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!